love,

We Got This

8:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

 I recently shared a post about mastering "we" in a marriage. Today I wanted to share with you a quick story of how my wife used the art of "we" to her advantage. 

Kenya took the day off and whispered she had a surprise for me. I smiled but the wheels in my head where hard at work, cause I ain't married to a "surprise you" kind of gal. Don't worry, I took the liberty of notifying my sisters if they hadn't heard from me by days end, to come looking for me.

They of course just chuckled.

A surprise, a call in from work, and a drive to Nashville? No freaking way!  We stay about 45mins outside of the city but because of the heavy traffic she despises going in the area. I keep my composure and enjoy the ride.

We eventually pull into a car lot.  Now I'm really confused. We have two perfectly working SUVs (a Cadillac Esclade and a Nissan Armada). We also have a 3rd vehicle that we use if necessary. She motions for me to come on and we step out of the car. A gentleman immediately drives up in a black on black Mercedes Benz (scream!) and hands my wife the keys "Here's your car."


What the heck?!

"Baby, I thought we could get something comfortable for our trips to Virginia and for us to drive around in when just you and I go out."

 Say Whaaaaaaaa... Aye, ok, ok!

My first reaction: pure excitement.  My next thought: we soooo don't need this. But she's had this twinkle in her eye that melts me instantly (that and the fact I have a huge crush on black on black cars). I could sense she really wanted this.  I asked a few questions, the paperwork was signed and just like that we were off.

Who drove the Mercedes home from the lot?

Her.

 WE got a new car.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: