alcohol,

Strawberry Wine Cubes

10:55 AM Unknown 2 Comments


It's national wine day, so I couldn't let the day slide without giving wine some sort of props. After all it plays a huge part in my life and well being. Well I don't wanna sound like a wino, but hey if the glass fits, well you know the rest.

I made these amazing wine cubes enhanced with yummy strawberries. So much perfection in this.

You'll need a bottle of wine, I used a white wine. some sort of mold or ice tray (I used the heart mold, I had left over from Valentine's day).

You will also need a straw (if your a rebel or a true wino (as myself) then, the straw is optional)

I chopped up the strawberries into pieces that were small enough to fit in the mold. I used a heart mold (leftover from valentines day) but you can of course use whatever you have.

The heart molds were filled  about a 3/4 of the way with wine.
If you noticed you have small spills or misplaced drops (it happened to me) this is where the straw comes in. Grab that bad boy and sip those drops up! We don't waste alcohol around here!

And as I mentioned if you're a bit of a rebel or didn't have a straw on hand, don't grab a paper towel, sip those amazing drops of wine on up, like no ones watching! And if no one is watching take a small sip for me too! :)

The strawberries pieces were then added and the mold was placed in the freezer to harden.

These are perfect to add to your wine, to keep it chilled, without watering it down.

Or if you just need a quick shot but don't want to formally sit and have a glass of wine. You know the days, you're cleaning, chasing after the kids, watching tv and cooking all at once. Or if your mother in law says something insultive and you need to bite your tongue. Just pop one of these in your mouth to keep your composure, trust me I've used this method more than once.

And of course keep them out of reach of the kiddos.


Here's What You Need:

1. A bottle of wine
2. lollipop or ice tray mold
3. strawberries
4. straw (optional)

Here's What You Do:

1. Rinse strawberries and cut them in quarters, or small enough pieces to fit inside of your mold.
2. Pour wine into your molds, filling each mold about 3/4 the way.
3. If wine is spilled use straw to suck up spills (or clean up the way you choose).
4. Place mold in freezer about 3 hours or until frozen.
5. Use whenever you are enjoying a glass or wine, or when you need  a quick shot of wine.



You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Unknown said...

testing

Lana Love said...

This is such a coo idea ! I wish I as legal so that I could try . I didn't know that you could freeze wine , I thought liquor couldn't be froze . Shows how much I know . They are really beautiful , it would be a cool party item .