elopement,

My Daughter's Wedding Ceremony

6:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments

We drove up to Georgia on Saturday to witness my daughter and her fiance take their wedding vows. And by we I mean me, my wife and 4 kids. It was one hell of a ride! By the time we got there we were all ready to grab each other by the throats, and squeeze until someones head popped off.

 It was a beautiful intimate ceremony held at a sunset near a lake. I'm still in shock that my baby is someone's wife. But I am over the moon for her and her (choking on my drink as I type this) husband. Wow.
It was slightly awkward meeting him for the first time, on the same day he was marrying my daughter. But with the family I have I suppose crazier things have happened. I've put my faith in God and said a silent prayer (or 10), that this young man treats my daughter with respect and love and she treats him the same.

 I must admit, I wasn't too sure of him in the beginning, but like fungus, he's grown on me. From the little I have gathered, he seems loving, has a good sense of humor, mild tempered and genuine. I'll admit as a mama, I'm gonna have my reserves...but I trust that I've raised my child to the best of my ability and believe she is fully capable of making a sound judgement call. 
 Cheers to my daughter and new son. Welcome to a family of nuts, Joe!

Here are some pictures from their big day:
 I love the way his arm wraps around her as if protecting her. She looks so calm and peaceful. I love this image and hope that the way I feel about this photo sets the tone for their marriage.

 A special moment they shared right before the ceremony.

 The bride and groom with the bride's younger siblings.

 The groom's BFF, the BFF's girlfriend, and the groom.

Ring and bouquet.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: