appetizers and sides,

Tuna Salad Stuffed Cucumbers

6:51 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I'm a mermaid. But I'm not a seafood lover by any means. After all that would be cannibalism right? Smiles.
Every now and then I will have a craving for tuna or some of the battered fish from Captain D's... my seafood venture ends there though.

Today was one of those "I think I want tuna" days.
I prepared the tuna and place it in the fridge so it would be cooled by lunch time.
 My taste buds desired a little something different. I wasn't in the mood for a sandwich or the whole cracker thing. 
Cucumbers..That's it! I peeled and sliced a cumber and then removed the centers of each slice with a spoon.
Tossed a bit of salt and pepper on the inside (my personal preference).
I then scooped a dollop of tuna on top. If you want to get fancy you can put the tuna in a sandwich bag,  hold the bag at an angle and snip off tip. You want the hole you snip to be on the larger end of things, so that all the tuna ingredients can flow through smoothly.

Top with cheese and/or paprika or what ever you prefer.

Here's What You'll Need:
 For Tuna Salad:
2 (5oz) cans Starkist Chunklight tuna
2 boiled eggs; chopped
1/2 of a medium yellow onion; chopped
1/2 celery rib thinly sliced
3 TBSP of mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
1 & 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp sweet relish
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
1 tsp of sugar (optional)
 salt and pepper to taste

Here's What You Do:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Use salt and pepper to season to taste.
2. Place in fridge until chilled at least an hour.

Here's What You'll Need:
For Stuffed Cumbers:
Prepared Tuna Salad
1 large cucumber
salt and pepper (optional)
Toppings such as paprika or shredded cheese (optional)

Here's What You Do:
1. If preferred peel cucumber.
2. Slice cucumber bite size but thick slices.
3. Using a spoon, scoop of most of the center of each cucumber slice.
4. Season slices with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon tuna salad to fill center of cucumber slices.
6. If you are using these for an appetizer and would prefer them to be admired. Scoop tuna salad into a sandwich bag.
7. Hold bag at an angle and cut a large enough hole that when squeezed tuna can flow freely.
8. Pipe into center of cucumbers.
9. Top with paprika and shredded cheese (optional).

You Might Also Like

0 comments: