cheerleader,

Cheer Season Finale

8:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

So cheer season has come to an end. I must say the experience was so much more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined. I knew I would love the cheer leading, but I didn't expect to care for the actual basketball games. To my surprise, I looked more forward to the games, then the sideline of little ladies. I hooped and hollered for those kids (my daughter cheered for both the boys team and the girls team) so much I barely had a voice the next day. They became like family..their victory, my victory and their defeat, my defeat.

 I am proud to announce that these middle school boys and girls, that's right both teams, became our county district champions! I literally was in tears. Some of those games gave me more of an adrenaline rush than I've had in years (I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing).
I've been questioning Laila as to if she will cheer again next year (her high school year). She's on the fence about it as she keeps mentioning how challenging it was to keep up with her grades and have games 3-4 nights a week. She managed to keep an "A" average, but I suppose it was a bit tougher than she made it seem. If she chooses not to cheer I of course will completely understand, but if she does want to cheer I will back it 1,000,000,000 percent!
Side Note: Here's a quick video my daughter and I put together. It's kind of corny, don't be too hard on me (smile). Just letting cheer moms know about our first experience with cheerleading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: