blueberries,

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

5:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Blueberries. My kids eat blueberry everything, blueberry bagels, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt. They love them!
 Frankly, when I think of blueberries, I think of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, you know the first one (I'm probably dating myself) but the one where the girl is so spoiled she turns into a big blueberry and gets rolled away. That was always my favorite scene of that movie, and funny enough I tell my kids that they should be "turning into a blueberry right now" when they are acting a bit ornery.

I made this smoothie with the boys in mind. They've been hinting around to wanting to join me on my smoothie adventure and I knew they'd love something like this. It's a tad but sweeter than my normal smoothies, just to ensure they don't get turned off the first time. The boys couldn't get enough of this and I was super excited!  Let me know what you think.

Here's What You'll Need:
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
3 tbsp brown sugar flavored granola
1 tbsp agave nectar or more to taste
1 cup vanilla almond milk
6 ice cubes

Here's What You Do:
Place all ingredients in blender til smooth.
Top with additional blueberries and granola if desired.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: