appetizers and sides,

Bacon Garlic Parm Brussels Sprouts

8:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello my loves!

The past few weeks at the grocery I've been eyeballing these tiny cabbage like thingies. I'm such a huge veggie thot (I can't believe I just said that) but well gotta call it like I see it. I've been with every veggie you could possibly name, accept these guys. There's no real rhyme or reason why, just haven't tried them yet. 

Well over the weekend, my darling wife took me to my favorite place (Olive Garden), and these guys were on the menu.

{By the way, if you haven't tried my Zuppa Toscana recipe (An amazing Italian soup) check it out here.} 

The sprouts were offered two ways, cheese and bacon or a balsamic version. They both sounded equally scrumptious, but you know me and my cheese. I had to go with the bacon and cheese. I'm so glad I did. I literally could not stop eating them. I mean every single green morsel. I would of licked the plate, but I didn't want to be judged. 

This time when we went to the grocery store the first thing I did was toss a pound of these round greens into the cart and seat belted them in. What you don't lock your food in?

I mean usually I don't either, but I kept thinking about how much the spouts reminded me of Cabbage patch kids. I had to make sure these precious little babies were safe (so I could devour them at home).

Cruel, I know.

 Exactly why I wouldn't lick the plate at OG. #PeopleAreSoJudgy

But once you get a taste of the deliciousness in this dish, I assure you, you will know exactly where I'm coming from. And if I see you carefully locking your little cabbage babies in, I promise not to judge and may even ask do you need any assistance in giving them a nice warm bath and making sure they are perfectly cooked, I mean coddled. Coddled, sweetheart. Em. em.
 
Here's What You'll Need:
1lb. Brussels sprouts
5 pieces of bacon; sliced into small pieces (I cut each slice into about 5 pieces)
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1.5 tsp of garlic
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Here's What You Do:
1. Put on a pot of water and lightly season water with kosher salt (about a tsp).
2. Peel off any leaves that look wilted (may be yellow in color) and trim off bottom if you would like.
3. Place sprout in boiling water for about 5mins, then immediately remove from heat, drain, and dump into bowl into ice water.

4. In a shallow pan, over medium heat cook bacon until almost crisp.
5. While waiting for bacon to cook drain water from sprouts and cut them in half the long way.
6. Once bacon is mostly cooked, add sprouts to the pan, facing cut side down.
7. Allow sprouts to sear in bacon fat for a 4-5 minutes.
8. Add garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
9. Move sprouts around pan and allow to cook an additional 5 mins or until sprouts are done but still crunchy.
 10. Add cheese to dish and serve warm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: