appetizers and sides,

Zucchini & Squash Caserole

5:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments

There is only a short time before summer officially ends. To be honest, I hate summer. It's hot, there's more wasp than you can count, and to be frank it's just too hot! Did I say that already? I mean the humidity here in the south is the worst. I'm so use to being in Virginia where there are beaches, that I have no idea what to do with myself here in Tennessee.

The only thing I can truthfully express that I will miss as fall approaches is the squash. I've been strangely addicted to it and zucchini the entire summer, adding it randomly to many of my family's meals.

As a side dish, one of my favorite's is my zucchini and squash casserole.

I'm about to share this recipe with you, but I must warn you, it is so good. I mean soooo good. I'm saying make you wanna slap your mother-in-law kind of good. Go ahead admit it, you wanna do that anyway.

Shhh I promise your secret is safe with me. And vice versa I hope.

Now that were newly established besties here's the yummy deliciousness you've been waiting for.

Here's What You'll Need:
2 medium zucchinis; quartered
2 crookneck squash; quartered
1/4 of large yellow onion; sliced
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
8oz bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
Tbsp garlic powder (or more if you're a garlic feen like I am)
Tbsp butter; melted
salt and pepper to taste

Here's What You Do:
Preheat oven to 400F
Place zucchini, squash and onion in a large bowl.
Pour 1 melted butter over veggies.
toss with spoon to coat.
Add garlic, and salt and pepper, again tossing to be sure everything is seasoned.
In a 8x8 in pan pour a third of the veggie mixture into the pan.
Top with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat until all veggies are in the casserole dish.
End with a top layer of cheese.
Pour Italian bread crumbs on top.
Place in oven for 20-25mins or until veggies are cooked to desired.

By the way, true besties leave a comment, even if it's just to say hi. Go ahead. I'll come say hi back. Pinky Promise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: