Lifestyle

The Best Part of a Rainy Day

5:57 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Rainy Days. Some of the most comforting of days. Especially summer storms. I love to open a window or two and let the smell scent the entire house. The sound of beating rain sound is perfect for calming my crazy mind and allowing me to process stray thoughts. The sun sleeps in and the bees and wasp remain at bay. I like to make myself a warm cup of fresh mint tea and head outside.

We have a large country porch with a roof overhead. Shon (who loves the rain as much as I do) usually accompanies me outdoors. We sit and watch as the trees sway and the raindrops pour from the heavens.

On super stormy day Shon and I grab a throw and cover ourselves and snuggle, as he catches me up on anything from the happenings of first grade, to the latest in video games. On an average day he and I tend to bump heads more than I'd like to admit, but the rain tends to bring about a truce and we delight in each others company. That's definitely the best part of rainy day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: