comfort food,

Creamy Tomato & Spinach Pasta

9:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

My wife and I were on one of our usual super early morning trips to the grocery store, when we got on the subject of meat. My brother in law's birthday was over the weekend and I went over and had a few drinks with him and my father in law to celebrate. 

While there, my mother in law made a little something for us to snack on, or as she words it "A little something to feed that stuff". That "stuff" being alcohol.

When I went in the kitchen I noticed there was several selections of meat. There was steak, roast, chicken and fish.
She loves to cook as much as I do and although our cooking styles are completely opposite, they are both equally enjoyable.

As Kenya were conversing, I expressed how much her family loves meat (which there is nothing wrong with) but I am more of a veggie and side kind of gal.

I eat my share of chicken, but her family gives a new meaning to the word carnivore.

Some how we ended up making a bet that we would both go meat free for an entire week. I thought it would be fun to experiment with and perhaps even help me become a little more creative in the kitchen.

So this recipe is for the vegetarians out there. It's super delicious and pretty simple to make.

Here's what you'll need:

12oz box of bowtie pasta (You will only need half of the box)
1 (14.5oz) can chopped tomatoes (I use roasted garlic)
4oz of fresh spinach
4oz grated parmesan romano cheese; divided
2oz cream cheese
1 (8oz) can of Hunts basil,garlic, oregano tomato sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1TBSP of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Here's what you do:
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.

2. While waiting for pasta to cook, add can of tomatoes to a skillet over medium heat. Let cook for 2-3mins.

3. Add in tomato sauce and stir. Season sauce by adding oregano, basil, garlic powder and 3oz of grated parmesan romano. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn down heat to a simmer for about 10mins.

4. Cut cream cheese into bite size  pieces and add in different sections of the sauce pot. Stir and allow to melt.

5. After draining pasta, slowly add it to sauce skillet.

6. Coat pasta with sauce.

7. Place spinach in skillet and allow to cook down (about 3-5mins).

8. Top with remaining parmesan romano and serve.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: