delicious recipes,

Tropical Peach Pineapple Mimosa

7:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

As you know my wife and I just celebrated an anniversary.  Spending a decade (9 years married) with the same person (and not literally choking the crap out of them) is a pretty joyous occasion.  Of course my drunken mermaid self celebrated with a little bubbly, but my wife doesn't do alcohol, so it was important for me to create a drink she can enjoy during the festivities as well.

This year we did mimosas. Now the key to any good mimosa is juice, bubbly and a nice garnish. The combinations are endless, and I'll be sharing a few of my favorites (both with and without the booze).

She has a thing for tropical, so I knew I was gonna take that route. Sure, I'm aware it's fall, but it's still in the high 80's here so I'm just gonna keep the theme going. The weather will dictate when it's time to season things up a bit. :)
 (Pictured is Fruit Punch (to show you what the container looks like), We used the all tropical and the trash was taken out before I got a pic). 

For this virgin Mimosa I used Minute Maid Premium tropical punch, Big Win's pineapple coconut sparkling water and a few frozen peach and pineapple slices. Oh my gosh, the flavors just burst in your mouth! It's soooo flippin' good! If you're like my better half, and have a thing for tropical flavors, this one's a winner. The flavor is pretty intense, a bit on the sweet side, but we're celebrating here, so why not live a little?!

The frozen fruit adds so much because they are the "ice" and then as they thaw in the drink they soak up all the yummy tropical goodness and you get to enjoy them as a treat. Unless of  course you're like me and just decide to pour yourself another (while sneaking in a splash of Vodka for good measure..I'm so bad, I know).

The kids (AKA party animals) wanted to try it so I ended up just making a whole pitcher.

[Warning: If your kid runs up to you and tells you "there's been a shipwreck", don't ward him off as crazy, and give a quick "ok." If you do, you will learn the hard way, as you nearly kill yourself slipping on a peachy tropical wet floor.]


Tropical Peach Mimosa 

 Here's What You Need:
4oz. Minute Maid Tropical Punch
4oz. Big Win Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Water
 2 frozen peach slices, 3pineapple chunks

Here's What You Do:
Place frozen peaches and pineapples in bottom of glass
Pour in tropical punch
Pour in sparkling water
Give a quick stir and enjoy.

To make more than a pitcher:
Mix equal amounts of tropical punch and sparkling water
Add in a good amount of frozen peaches and enjoy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: