chicken,

Spinach, Tomato, & Mozzarella Chicken Breast

9:03 AM Unknown 0 Comments

If you've been coming here awhile, I'm sure you've already honed in on my love affair with spinach and cheese. I just can't help myself. And since were talking about love affairs, I mind as well admit to the one I have with tomatoes also. I swear, I must have Italian in me (which totally reminds me I haven't shared with you what I asked for, for my birthday). I'll update you on that really soon.

Now, on to these breasts.

I used fresh spinach, fresh tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese (in the form of cheese sticks). Hey, like I said I'm addicted to cheese and yes I eat cheese sticks on a regular basis, so I literally ALWAYS have them on hand, even if I don't have cheese in any other form.

The chicken was rinsed and pat dry. Then four slits were made in each breast.  Two spinach leaves were neatly tucked into the slits and the artisan tomatoes and mozzarella was placed atop.



I mean seriously, this dish is not only delicious, it's absolutely beautiful.

A little garlic, salt, pepper, and dried basil was added for flavor.

 Trust me this one will have the whole family wanting to kiss the cook!

Here's What You'll Need:
2lbs. chicken breast
4-5 small artisan (cherry) tomatoes; quartered
1 cup fresh spinach
3 mozzarella cheese sticks sliced about the size of a coin.
1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1.5 tsp garlic powder

Here's What You Do:
Preheat oven to 375F

1. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
2. Use a knife to cut slits in each chicken breast (about 4 slits per piece).
3. Take 2 spinach leaves and stuff inside of each slit on chicken
place tomato and mozzarella coins atop spinach.
4. Place all dry seasonings in a small bowl. Stir with a spoon to combine.
5. Using your fingers, sprinkle seasoning all over chicken breast.
6. Spritz a baking dish with cooking spray (or lightly grease the dish).
7. Add chicken to the baking dish and place in oven.
 8. Cook for about an hour. (I had large breast so they took an hour to cook, if yours are smaller, you may want to start checking the oven around the 40min mark).

You Might Also Like

0 comments: