apple and cinnamon bread,

Apple & Cinnamon Bread

9:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

It's finally September, which means my favorite season is approaching quickly. With Autumn comes apples! I recently planted an apple tree in my yard (along with a peach and a cherry tree), but I'm sure it will be decades before it bares fruit large enough to enjoy.

 My mother-in-law, however, has a huge apple tree in her front yard, which was planted by her father. The apples are finally ripe and ready to be picked. 
I wish I could say the apples from this recipe came from the tree planted by my wife's grandfather and give you a whole nostalgic story about warm apples and family roots, but the truth is if I tried to  reach for one of the apples on that tree, I'd probably get my hand popped. My mother in law is a little rotten (pun intended). {Seriously, she's a handful but I wouldn't change her for the world}.
  
Anyway, on to sweeter and better things. Brown sugar, cinnamon and red delicious apples make up this delightful recipe.
So cinnamony and good. 
Ready in just under an hour.

Here's What You'll Need:

5 Apples (I used red delicious apples) peeled, cored, and chopped
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter; melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 & 1/2  tsp baking powder

Here's What You Do:

1.Preheat oven to 350F

2. In a large bowl place eggs, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.

3. In a medium bowl place flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder. Stir.

4. Slowly add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture.

5. Fold in apples.

6. Spray a 9x5 in pan with cooking spray. Pour in bread mixture and place in oven for 50 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: