ikea countertops,

Showing Off My Kitchen

2:45 PM Unknown 1 Comments

As many of you know, My wife and I recently moved in our home. It was previously the dwelling of one of my her ancestors (an uncle who passed 20+ years ago). When we got here the house was nowhere close to being livable. In fact, it was a snake breeding ground. Scary right? We certainly had a lot of work ahead. Our contractors ripped and stripped it down to the bare structure (some of that even needing to be replaced and stabilized), practically rebuilding the house entirely. We also had 3 room additions (2 bedrooms and a full bath).
 After a long and strenuous process, we are finally at the point of decorating the house. I'm going room by room and will hopefully get a chance to show you each one. 
 I still have some things to do, but I wanted to give you guys a sneak peek inside. Here is the kitchen!
My wife and I were both in agreance with wanting a large amount of kitchen space. I craved solid white counter tops (thinking with my photography in mind) and she desperately wanted marble. We both got what we wanted. We did the island in a white marble with a splash of grey running through it. The other countertops are solid white from IKEA.
We went with a tri-textured backsplash. It incorporated mosaic glass, stainless steel and stone. It looks fantastic!
We went with stainless steel appliances. Oak wood laminate flooring and cabinets. An extra large window, picture window and skylight ties it all together. These 3 features work to bring in the most amazing natural light. I'm so in love!

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Lana Love said...

Love the colors ! Orange && White are always good together .