appetizers and sides,

Fruit Bread & Milk (Goody)

9:34 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Nom. Nom. Nom.
It's a miracle there is still some apple bread left over from earlier this week. Usually, if by the grace of God there are any leftovers, I just cut it into cubes and then pour some warm milk over top. It's soooooo good.

The kids and I love it for a quick breakfast.

This is something I totally made up. Seriously. I'd never heard of it before and have done this for years with any type of muffin or fruit bread.

Today as I was searching online I foolishly learned, not only was I not alone in my love for this, but it actually has a name. Goody. See when you have a great idea you should totally patent it right away! :)
 Oddly enough, it seems to have an Irish origin. My father is (as he puts it 100%) Irish. Since no one in his family has shared this goodness with me, I feel cheated (hmph).

Now, I must give myself credit here, the only version I came across called for white bread (see my ancestors could've learned a thing or two from me).

First things, first.

Slice 2 thick pieces of the fruit bread (I do this with my banana bread also) and cut it into cubes. Then simply warm a little milk and pour it over the bread (you can even add cinnamon on top) and serve.

Here is the white bread version, I've read that it's better with stale bread (who would've thunk)?

Again, I have not tried that version, but maybe just maybe I'll use the kiddos as guinea pigs. I owe them one.

Here's What You'll Need:
2 thick slices of fruit bread
1 cup of very warm milk

Here's What You Do:
1. Cut bread into cubes.
2. Place cubes in a bowl
3. Heat milk til warm (you can do this in the microwave
4. Pour milk over bread cubes.
5. Top with additional cinnamon, brown sugar, butter or fruit if desired.
6. Serve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: