Bourbon chicken recipe,

Bourbon Chicken Recipe

6:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Come here. Kiss me. Okay, maybe that was a bit weird, but I promise you're gonna want to after trying this recipe. It seriously is amaze balls. Like, I think, I put my entire foot into this one. I stood over the sauce stirring and sipping, stirring and sipping like mad. I mean sure it has a little alcohol in it, but I swear that wasn't why....at least I don't think. Dude I have a burnt tongue from my stove top shenanigans and I'd do it all over again!
Now, for the record, I know this is bourbon chicken and technically my Jack Daniel's isn't considered Bourbon, but hell, it's my favorite whiskey and it's what I had on hand, so I rolled with it. No regrets.
Here's What You'll Need:
1lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1in cubes)
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 onion chopped (or 1tbsp onion powder)
3/4 cup water1/3 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey Whiskey or Bourbon of your choice (of course this whole whiskey thing is totally optional).
1tbsp lime juice
2tbsp garlic powder; divided
1tbsp cornstarch (optional for thickening the sauce)
salt and pepper to taste
Here's What You Do:
1. In a skillet over medium heat warm olive oil.
2. Add chicken to skillet, season with salt and pepper and 1 tbsp garlic.
3.  If using chopped onions toss in pot with chicken and cook til chicken is lightly browned and onions are translucent.
4. Remove chicken and onion from skillet, set aside.
5. Combine and whisk together all remaining ingredients (accept for cornstarch).
6. Add ingredients to the same skillet used and allow sauce to cook over medium heat for about 5 mins.
7. Add chicken back into skillet and sauce to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow sauce to cook down some (about 30mins). 
9. Add in optional cornstarch and stir. Let simmer a few more minutes.
10. Serve while warm, (over rice if desired).

You Might Also Like

0 comments: