date night,

A Night In Japan

9:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

For the last month we've been actively trying to incorporate date night into our routine. So far, so good. It was definitely something much needed. It's not realistic for us to get out of the house every time so 3 out of 4 dates have been at home. This week, we did a Japan theme. Nothing major, just a little something to make time for one another.

Since Ke had to work, I made hibachi chicken and steak. For sides I did fried rice and zucchini with onion. I also prepared a yum yum sauce for extra deliciousness.

This little cutie was out of school today and wanted to help so he put on his kimono and played waiter (don't worry I tipped him). To set the scene we used chopsticks (that looked like super large clothes pins) they were very beginner friendly.

I made lanterns out of the kids construction paper and hung them on a string. Laila ran outside and found some branches and helped me make tissue paper cherry blossoms. The tree ended up looking more like a rose bush, because I know how to make rosettes but not necessarily blossoms. Oh, well.

For dessert, disguised as an appetizer, I made sushi rolls out of rice krispie treats, fruit roll ups, Twizzlers and sweetish fish.

I dressed in a kimono and put cherry blossom flowers in my hair.


We put on a movie titled the Memoirs of a Geisha and enjoyed a romantic dinner and some cuddle time.

Have date night ideas?  Leave a comment or shoot me an email.  I'd love to hear them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: