dentist,

An Apple A Day

11:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments

                                                            Keeps them the hell away!


Hey. How are you? Me, well...let's just say I've been better.

My wife and I both had dental appointments this morning. She went for a routine cleaning, I had visited a week prior, but was headed back to get two small cavities filled.

I hadn't had a cavity since I was a kid, so I couldn't recall the procedure in its entirety. My thoughts were if I survived then, it should be a breeze now.

 Heck I'm in my 30's.... It can't be much different than filling a doughnut or cake right? Pretty simple concept.

My wife mumbles “You know they have to use a needle to numb you right?”

I replied “Whatever. They use topical. You're always trying to scare me, ugh.”

“Okay.”

We arrive at the office and I'm immediately called back by a smiling nurse. I comfortably take my seat in the examination chair. The nurse reclines my chair, recaps why I'm here, and mentions the topical numbing gel she would be applying (haha I knew it! I don't know why Kenya even messes with me).

As the sweet nurse is applying the gel, she utters “We're putting this on, so you don't feel the pinch from the needle as much.”

Wait what?! You evil nurse whore!

I can't handle needles!

It went downhill from there....

Here's a little song to explain further.

*Sung to the tune of the first day of Christmas*


On the 1st day of dental my dentist gave to me a huge dose of an-xi-ety.

On the 2nd day of dental my dentist gave to me 2 needle pokes and a huge dose of anxiety.

On the 3rd day of dental my dentist gave to me 3 reactions to meds, 2 needle pokes, and a huge dose of anxiety.

On the 4th day of dental my dentist gave to me 4 panic attacks, 3 reaction to meds, 2 needle pokes, and a huge dose of anxiety.

On the 5th day of dental my dentist gave to me, 5 ma'am are you okaaaay's?!.... 4 panic attacks, 3 reactions to meds, 2 needle pokes and a huge dose of anxiety!

True Story.

How are you at the dentist?
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: