Autism,

12 Things That Make Me Feel Better Always

6:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments



1. Having a sense of what will happen next. 
(i.e. being explained step by step in detail a procedure I haven't experienced before).

2. A hot bubble bath.
Hot as I can tolerate.
3. A glass of wine.
Red, White, Rose. Either will do.
4. Cocooning myself in a warm blanket. 
And on really rough days, even my head.
5. My son.
Maybe it's his sweet nature, his laugh, or the fact that I firmly believe he understands how I'm feeling because he's often anxious. But we seem to serve as each others calming mechanism.

6. Warm chamomile tea, with a lemon cough drop melted inside.
The lemon and menthol add so much.
7. Having my hair brushed.
Not styled. Just brushed.
8. Conversations with my grandmother.
She is a source of strength, comfort, inspiration, guidance and love.
9. Praying.
Alone or with someone. Self explanatory.

10. The sound of pouring rain, waves crashing, or running water.
And the breeze that often accompanies it.

11. A bowl of piping tomato soup.
Or any other veggie.

12. Snuggling near a source of heat ( a cozy fire, a small heater etc.)
Letting it hit me right in the face.

What's comforts you?

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: