Family

Letter To My Grandmother

5:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


Since my granddaughter's birth a little over 2 months ago, I've fallen completely  head over heels in love with everything about her. Hey curly dark hair, her slate grey eyes, the cute way she sucks her fingers when she's hungry. If you are new to the blog, my grand daughter Karson, was born in July, 5 weeks before her due date. She did a short stay in the NICU, but she's now a happy, healthy and thriving little princess.

Karson's arrival marked a milestone, of now having 5 generations still living on Earth. The generations include my granddaughter, daughter, me, my mom, and my grandmother. Talk about Maternal Lineage!! Now that I'm a grandmother, I think of how connected I am and have always been to my own grandmother. I visited a yard sale recently and saw an item that made me think of her. It was a small trinket but laying eyes on it sent a rush of nostalgia through my veins and straight to my heart. I purchased memory maker to send to my grandmother, along with a letter.

It read:
" Hello my darling grandmother,
How are you? I hope this letter finds you doing well. I recently visited a yard sale and on the table set a brooch in the shape of a little girl. I immediately thought of how much I use to love seeing your brooches pinned to you dress at the meetings. After your smile, they were the think I looked forward to most.

When I laid eyes on this particular pin, my heart filled with warmth, love and memories of my childhood. I use to get so excited when I knew we were coming to your house. You were always so welcoming; sharing hugs, kisses and sweet words. After I got my love from you, I'd run to the candy dish and lift the top, hoping there was at least one butterscotch left. That was always my favorite. To this day, whenever I smell the scent of butterscotch, you are the first to come to mind.

Another favorite memory was going into one of the backrooms and combing my dolls hair. You always had so many barrettes, to choose from, you know, the ones you would find on the sidewalk while out in service.

Grandma, just in case you didn't know, you've always been my favorite person. You have been the person I look to when I need guidance, comfort, a place of refuge or a place of peace. You are the glue that holds the fabric of our family together. I know a lot of that comes from your golden heart and your love for Jehovah.

You are a woman of strength. A woman of wisdom. A woman of faith. Your love for our creator has inspired me to the core. I know Jehovah is so proud of who you are! You have helped so many people find him and love him and obey his word. You planted his seed in my heart, it is still blooming and thriving. I will forever be grateful for that. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm trying grandma, and you have my word I will never stop.

Having you as a grandmother has given me courage and strength I didn't know existed. I could never put into words how much your presence in my life has meant to me. Now that I'm a grandmother, I pray that Jehovah shows and allows me to have as much of an impact on my grand daughter's life as you have had on mine. I am so thankful he gave us Jesus as a our example, and you as my personal guide.

I love you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength grandma.

Love,
Kristal                   
                                                                                                                              "






You Might Also Like

0 comments: