Lifestyle

Living Room Makeover

6:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments




  BEFORE:


 It was time. Time to get rid of the hideous orange chair (I once loved) out of my living room. My son sits in it constantly, and put his feet in it with his shoes on. No matter how much fuss I make, it didn't stop him. Now the chair has developed little lint balls (because of the texture) and I can not handle it. It has to go!

Design Inspiration: My Grand daughter/Christmas Ornaments

Ever since my grand daughter was born (July), my eyes have honed in on blush/rose gold tones. I don't know if it's the baby girl pink hue that's got me head over heels but every time I see it, I stop in my tracks. It makes no difference if the item is clothing, bedding, shoes, you name it.

Over the weekend I visited a local department store and spotted the blush color several feet away, this time it was Christmas ornaments. Oh my gosh, that's a great idea!! A blush decorated Christmas tree!!! I grabbed several packages of ornaments and tossed them in my cart. Suddenly, my OCD brain had an idea. Why not make the entire living room this color, so when the time comes, the tree matches. 

 
 Theme:Cozy Blush
Since it's now fall, I decided to create a warm cozy feel, even though the color itself lends more to a warmer month in my opinion. To bring in this vibe, I added furry pillows, fuzzy rugs, and splurged to add a mantle with a faux fireplace.


Color Palette: Grey, White, and Blush

 Details: After choosing the pillows, and other accents for the room, I decided to keep the white shelf, but move it to the opposite side of the room. I wanted to bring various textures into the room, so to contrast the soft pillows and rugs, I tied in birch wood candles. I also did a stone candle holder, a glass vase, faux plants, and a few signs to pull the look together.

Here's a list of where you can find some of these items. Stay tuned I will be doing some sneak peaks of the Christmas Tree things soon!

Blush Area Rug: Ross
Blush Walkway Rug: Ross
Mantle: Biglots
Welcome Decor: Biglots
Candle Holders: Biglots

Birch Candles: Tj Maxx

Live Love Pillows: Tj Maxx

Blush Fur Pillows: Tj Maxx
Stone Candle Holder: Tj Maxx
Large Plant: Tj Maxx

Small Plant:Target
Rose Gold Vase: Ross

Let It Snow Sign: Ross

Bless This Creative Mess Sign: Hobby Lobby

You Might Also Like

0 comments: