Family

Florida Family Vacation

8:22 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Late in the summer, my wife surprised the kids and I with an impromptu family vacation to Panama City Beach, Florida. It was such a beautiful place and felt amazing being back close to the seaside, something my heart has missed so much.


The kids were over the moon, they are kind of like fish out of water and I could see on their faces how much they now realize, that they too, miss riding the waves, building sand castles, and feeling the breeze blow through their hair.
 




We stayed at Laketown Wharf Resorts, which was within eyesight of Ripley's believe or not and Underworks two places the kids had been wanting to visit.
 The resort also gave us complimentary to a private entrance to the beach. During our stay, we chose a room on the highest level in the building (21st floor), so that we could enjoy the birds eye view from the back balcony. The kids were impressed with the what they saw and I of course siezed the moment for a photo op.
 Later, while peering over the front balcony of our room we noticed a pond that had something floating in it. Upon closer look, we thought could that be a gator?! We headed down to the surface level to see and sure enough, there were gators starring right at us. Certainly scary, but totally cool!
We got a chance to get out and visit Dave and Buster's, a strip with lots of unique stores, and the kids got to see palm trees for the first time in person. They were so tickled about that. Our trip was short and sweet but very much welcomed.



We're already planning a trip back to Florida, next summer but this time we booked a trip to Disney Woooooooorld!!!! My wife's trying to get me to move there, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: