all white gender reveal,

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch Gender Reveal

10:18 AM Unknown 0 Comments

My eldest daughter Lana and her husband Joe live in NC, about 7 hours from us, here in Tennessee. They are expecting their first child, our first grandchild. With Lana being halfway through the pregnancy, we are all dying to know the gender of the baby.
 I wanted more than anything to give them a gender reveal party, but as a family, we had already mapped out our trips. Lana and Joe agreed to visit later in the pregnancy, so we could capture maternity photos. We would visit once the baby was born. Of course, I could have thrown a monkey wrench in the plans, but even they were new to the area they were in, and our whole family is in Virginia, so to be honest it just wasn't feasible all the way around. We did still find a way to have a little fun. Since I wasn't able to throw them a reveal, I gifted them with a 3D/4D ultrasound.


I thought the kids would still enjoy being surprised, and to be honest I wanted to be as well. So why not still throw a mini reveal?!

I checked to see if  Lana or Joe wanted to be surprised, neither wanted to. So they went to the ultrasound and got the gender result. Once they found out, they shared it with my wife. She would be the one to put together the actual moment of reveal together. I was in charge of just setting up something cutesy.

I was so over all the pink and blue blasted across Pinterest and the entire internet for that matter, so I went a more creative route. I did a themed reveal, that matched our chosen names as grandparents. Here's what I came up with.


Event: Gender Reveal
Theme:Sugar and Honey
Colors: Tan, white, and gold
Food: Sweets Table
Beverage: Apple juice/Sparkling grape juice Milk/Coffee
Backdrop: Balloons and Tulle

Sweets Served: Honey buns, marshmallow pops with candy glitter, kettle corn, mini marshmallows, cheese danishes, honey flavored teddy grahams, a variety of mini powdered donuts, cupcakes.
(All of the treats were sugar or honey related and in white, tan, gold color).

Details: We opted for a sweeter themed party, that honed in on neutral tones. The only splash of color derived from the reveal itself. Because we weren't using "baby" colors, we incorporated teddy bears to soften the look.

We hung gold and white balloons above a large window, and also draped tulling to add a bit more softness, flair and elegance. Once the backdrop was in place, we used a variety of white and clear dishes. I used lifters (which was actually a storage box, the bottom and top where placed in different areas.


Reveal: Since Lana and Joe weren't here I decided to get the kids involved. I bought a dozen white roses. I placed a vase with baby's breath on the sweets table. One the day of the reveal, each child (4 of them) was giving a white rose. They placed their rose in the waiting vase, and said aloud something sweet to the baby and their gender vote.  

The day before the reveal I took a couple of the roses and dyed them with pink or blue food coloring   (trial and error). Once I had a strong pink and blue rose, I placed them in the freezer until the next morning. On the day of the reveal I gave both the blue & pink rose to my wife, along with a white box for her to place inside the rose that corresponds with the gender.  This would be the rose I would open and place.

 The kids all placed their white roses, 1 was team GIRL, 3 of them were team BOY. I was team GIRL, my wife team BOY. Lana was team BOY and Joe, team GIRL.
 Tallying up votes we had #3 for team GIRL and #5 for team BOY.  With Lana and Joe on FaceTime to see our reactions, here comes the moment of truth!
.
.
.


IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her name is Karson Navi.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: