appetizers and sides,

Nacho Supreme Recipe

9:50 AM Unknown 0 Comments

It's Friday! For starters, we had a crazy storm late last night, one that knocked down trees, caused power outages, and closed schools. Thankfully, no lives were lost, just a huge clean up for the community.  My kiddos were technically supposed to be in school today, but they asked if they could stay home, and well, what the heck. I was concerned about their travel and hey, everyone deserves a chance to play hooky once in a while. So we are enjoying this Friday lounging in our pjs and playing video games. I thought it'd be fun to whip up something yummy for lunch, and have been craving nachos like mad lately.
I knew the kids would enjoy a nacho supreme. For this recipe I browned a pound of ground beef in a skillet. Half way through the cooking I tossed in some chopped onions and let them cook for the remainder of the meat cook time. I drained the juices and then tossed in a packet of taco seasoning according to directions.

I sliced a head of lettuce, diced a tomato, and a green onion. I placed the tortilla chops in the oven on 400F degrees for about 5mins. just til warm. Once done I topped the warm chips with meat, lettuce, tomato, a shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and sliced black olives. Delish!


Here's What You'll Need:
1lb. ground beef
1 (1oz). packet taco seasoning  (I use Old El Paso)
1 bag of tortilla chips (I love Santitas)
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 head of Iceburg lettuce, sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 (16oz). bag of shredded Mexican style cheese
1 (2.25oz) can of sliced black olives
1 (8oz). container sour cream
1 green onion (optional)

Here's What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice and dice veggies if you haven't done so already.
3. In a skillet over medium heat brown ground beef, adding onions to the pot at the half way point. Drain juices.
4. Add taco seasoning to skillet according to package directions (usually just adding a tiny bit of water to the seasoning and cooking). I like to add a little less water for increased flavor.
5. Spread tortilla chips on cookie sheet.
6. Place in oven for 5-7mins, until warmed.
7. Remove chips.
8. You can now make individual plates, allowing people to choose their toppings, or place chips in a casserole dish and pour meat on top. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Continue with olives and sour cream. Top with green onions (optional). Serve immediately.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: