Family,

The One Thing I Want More Than Anything

12:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

One of my life's greatest joys, is photographing. Ever since I was a child, about 10, I've had a camera in my hand. Capturing the beauty in nature, the scenes of street life, and the most intimate of details in everyday situations. But the one thing I enjoy photographing the most is children and their families.

Children are so genuine. No matter the situation they can't help but display their raw emotion, be it joy or tears. Over the past 6 years that I've been photographing professionally, I've had the pleasure of making many portraits of little ones, including those of my own.
 
I wallow at the thought of how many images I have of each of my 7 children. Memories of them small and with every milestone reached. But you know the one thing I don't have.

The one thing I don't have is a picture of my 7 children together. It breaks my heart to say that. But I have never had all 7 of my children at the same moment in time. 6, but not 7. Let me explain why. There is a pretty good gap between the ages of the kids the eldest is 20 and the youngest two are 6.

With my eldest 2 sons being in California, they were often only with us during the summer months. So I have pictures with the oldest 5 (the twins were not born yet). By the time the twins were born, my youngest daughter was often in Tennessee with her grandparents.

 So that left me with 6 when the boys visited but not 7. My eldest daughter is now an adult. So again I am left with a different set of 6.

I've tried so many times to get them all under one roof, but it just never seems to work in my favor. I dream of the session I would have with them. It would be everything to me. I tried again this summer and had things set, but at the last moment, plans fell through and my heart was yet again broken.

Sure I could make a composite with everyone together, but its just not what I want. I want the memory of the moment. I want true memories embedded in all of our brains and hearts....

You Might Also Like

0 comments: