gifts for the mermaids in your life,

Pearl Oysters

6:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

Ok, so I don't judge me, but I have a huge obsession with sea life, in fact I often tell my children, I am indeed, a real mermaid. I know, I know (insert side eye here). Anyway, for Christmas, I purchased all of the girls (my 3 daughters and 5 nieces) a pearl oyster, along with a pearl cage necklace.

I thought these were one of the coolest gifts ever (hint, hint: Valentine's Day is coming up).  Not only because they were beautiful and I believe every girl should own real pearls in her lifetime, but my teacher brain kicked in thinking about all the science and learning experiences this gift has to offer!

Here's what they look like:

 They arrive in an easy to open pop top can, along with a sheet that reveals what each pearl symbolizes. Also included, is a small tool to help crack open the shell.
This is what the oyster shell looks like. It is based in a small amount of alcohol to mask any sea smell that once existed.


After prying open the shell, this is what the pearl looks like inside.

Here is an even closer look.


 Isn't it beautifully interesting?

Here's a shot of the pearl alone. Mine was a gorgeous warm pink tone. I love that it wasn't a perfect circle. It gives such an organic feel.

What are some unique gifts you've gotten or come across? Leave a comment and let me know, I'd love to hear!

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Lana Love said...

This was one of the best gifts I've ever received , I still wear it in my caged necklace everyday ! && I love when people ask me where it came from or what's inside .