coffee chronicles

Coffee Chronicles: 2nd Hand Joe

6:56 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello my loves.

 Bare with me, it 4:00am and I'm drinking a cup of second hand joe...


Kenya leaves for work super early, but I manage to get up, prep lunch, and have a quick conversation over coffee before she goes. I know, I'm pretty awesome,  but let me tell you how awesome I really am. (You can judge me for tooting my own horn later).

I grabbed our favorite mugs from the cupboard and placed mine aside. I set hers under the Keurig’s dispenser. I then reached for two K-cups, but to my horror, there was
only ONE. 

Total face palm moment. I forgot to grab more at the grocer.   What’s a wife to do? 

I could make a large cup and we split it, but clearly you don't understand how much my babe needs her coffee. I've saved her employees from having to meet LK (Lucifer Kenya) for years now, and they shouldn’t have to feel the wrath today, because of my fuck up. 

 I made Kenya’s  coffee as usual, citing "it’s no biggie", and sent her happy and smiling out the door.

But I lied. It was a BIG deal. The truth is LK doesn't only stand for Lucifer Kenya, it also stands for Lucifer Kris.

You see, I NEED MY COFFEE just as much.

My brain had an idea. Why not just use the K-cup from Kenya's coffee to make a second cup? There's still coffee grounds in it right?!
 I place my mug under the Keurig. Chosing the smallest cup size, in hopes of keeping the strength of whatever remained. 

As it percolated and permeated the air, an evil grin filled my face. I've outsmarted the entire world with this one. I grabbed my cup, add a splash of  french vanilla creamer and here I am...

 Drinking a nice- bland as fuck, french vanilla-y cup of second hand joe; all in the name of love and toxic (before coffee) brain waves.

Safe yourself the agony. Don't try this at home.

 #CoffeeChronicles  #INeedATallDarkCupOfCoffee #2ndHandCoffeeKills


You Might Also Like

0 comments: