marriage,

The Married Life

7:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


Wednesday was our 9th wedding anniversary! Time sure does fly. Kenya had to work, but we did make time to exchange a few small sentiments and go out to dinner. When we got home, our eldest daughter, Lori (Lana) called to wish us a Happy Anniversary... and drop a bomb.
She's getting married next weekend. Screeeeeech....Stop the press!

That was a bit jaw dropping, definitely unexpected, but what can we do? I took a moment to confirm  she's sure, express that marriage isn't for the faint at heart, and finally offer our well wishes. She and her fiance are having a simple ceremony by the lake, they plan to host a reception for family and friends soon. 

Although I was a bit taken aback by the announcement, I am happy for them. Marriage truly can be a blessing. I've always taught my children to follow their heart. I've never been one to let others finalize my decisions. Reach out for guidance, yes, but I believe in being responsible for your own happiness. If you make a mistake, and you will, you learn from it and keep moving forward. The truth is if I lived for other people's happiness, I wouldn't have the amazing wife and children I have today.

Now, back to the reason for this post. As I mentioned marriage is a blessing but that doesn't mean it comes easy. After being in a union for nearly a decade, I've gained a pretty good insight into what it takes to sustain a marriage. 

That being said, I've decided to start sharing a few tips that have proven successful for my marriage.  If you're not yet married, but in a serious relationship, it's never to early to start implementing healthy practices. Look for these helpful tips on Monday mornings.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: