Family,

Letter To My Mother

3:24 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Mother: moth*er
NOUN: A woman who conceives, gives birth to, or nurtures a child.

You have fulfilled this definition and much, much more. Growing up I lacked the understanding of how challenging it can be to raise a child. At that time I couldn't comprehend why you kept such a tight leash on us or why every time I left the house, I had to take my annoying little sister.

Now that I'm a mother of 7, my eyes have been opened to the world you'd previously foreseen. I cringe at the thought of my children being out of my sight for a mere second. I too, make them travel together, as a sense of safety (regardless if their sister is sticking her tongue out or not).

Every morning as I kiss them farewell and watch the door close behind them, my heart sinks and does not resurface until my ears here the creaking sound of the door reopening in the afternoon.

What I'm trying to say is, mom, I get it. I truly get it now and I want to say thank you.

Thank you for nurturing my sisters and I until we were strong enough to leave your nest. Thank you for loving the children who grew in my heart, just as much as the ones who grew in my womb.

Thank you for supporting my relationship, though it was not viewed as ideal. Thank you for comforting me as I made the hardest decision of my life (allowing my sons to move to California).

Thank you for being my strength when in times I was too delicate and afraid. Thank you for caring for me when I'm at my worst, when caring for me is like caring for thorns. Thank you for encouraging my artistic abilities that I am so passionate about today.

Mom, most of all, thank you for sacrificing so much of your own life to light the way for me, my sisters, and so many others that have crossed your path.

 Of the myriads and myriads of mothers in this world, I am so thankful that Jehovah gave me to you. I will love you forever mom.

                                                                                              Love,
                                                        Your first born (and self proclaimed favorite)  Kris

                                                                                            

You Might Also Like

0 comments: